Statewide Youth Collaborative Group
The Statewide Youth Collaborative (SYC) Group was established in 2005 to promote collaborative ways of working towards improving young people’s access to health and wellbeing services in Tasmania.
The role of SYC is to:
- Network and build capacity within the youth sector;
- Share information at meetings and between meetings via an email network;
- Undertake collaborative projects that work towards resolving issues affecting young people;
- Act as a consultative group to government and the broader sector.
SYC is co-chaired by Public Health Services, Department of Health and the Youth Network of Tasmania. Membership comprises of representatives from the Community Sector, Department of Health, and a range of other state and federal government departments.
Members of SYC work in both policy and operational areas, with all three regions of the state represented.
Many members have state-wide responsibilities.
SYC has produced a number of resources designed to support meaningful youth participation, and support youth service providers.
- SYC Top Tips to Healthy Mind Habits
- A Guide to Information Dissemination in the Youth Sector
- Top Ten Tips for Consulting with Young People
- Mental Health and Alcohol Other Drug Referral Guides for Young Tasmanians (under review)
Want to know more?
Chief Executive Officer
Youth Network of Tasmania
Phone: 03 6223 5511
Senior Program Coordinator – Health Improvement
Public Health Services
Phone: 03 6166 0642