Working in the Youth Sector
Are you looking to become a youth worker or to recognise your skills and experience with formal qualifications?1
Depending on your chosen field and interest areas, there are a number of tertiary qualifications offered in Tasmania including:
- Certificate II in Community Services (TasTAFE)
- Certificate III in Community Services (TasTAFE)
- Certificate IV in Community Services (TasTAFE)
- Diploma of Community Services (TasTAFE)
- Associate Degree in Applied Health and Community Support (University College)
- Bachelor of Arts (UTAS)
- Bachelor of Social Work (UTAS)
There are many pathways to work in the Tasmanian youth sector depending on your passions and interests.
Organisations are often seeking people with qualifications in allied health, behavioural sciences, social work, business management, finance, sports and health education, education and training.2
Bachelor of Youth Work
The Bachelor of Youth Work is not currently offered in Tasmania.
- Bachelor of Youth Work online (Victoria University).
- Bachelor of Youth Work for Industry Students (Victoria University). This 2-year course is suited to students with or without prior learning who are currently working in the Youth Sector. More information here or contact Youthwork.IndustryProgam@vu.edu.au.