Tasmanian Youth Forum
The Tasmanian Youth Forum (TYF) is one of Tasmania’s largest annual youth events for young people aged 12-25 years.
TYF brings young people together from across the State to share their views and opinions on youth issues, as well as ideas and solutions for improving outcomes for young Tasmanians.
Forums are topic based, with a different topic selected each year. Past topics have included; building a better Tasmania, the online environment, health and wellbeing, housing and homelessness and employment.
Why should I get involved?
If you’re aged 12-25 years, TYF provides you with a safe environment to:
- Have your say on issues that you are passionate about
- Connect with other young people and share ideas
- Identify the key issues impacting on young people
- Brainstorm ideas and solutions to some of the challenges you face
- Develop strategies to help you and other young people to become more involved in the community
- Have fun and meet new people!
Your feedback will be used to:
- Inform decision makers about what young people have to say on key issues and what the Government and others need to act on
- Help inform and respond to Tasmanian Government policies and priorities
- Help others in the community better understand some of the issues and challenges facing young Tasmanians
How do I get involved?
There are two main ways to get involved with TYF
- Attend the statewide event
- Have your say via our online survey
TYF is generally held during first half of the year and is advertised though our website and social media, and through schools and youth groups.
Want to know more?
Get in touch with us! Visit the What's On page, our social media pages, or contact us.
to hear more about our
upcoming events and
'I am Me' is a discussion about what young people need to feel safe expressing who they are and to speak up on matters important to them.
This information sheet provides a summary of the topic 'I am Me', diversity, equity and inclusion, and what young people can expect to discuss at TYF 2022.
Over one hundred and fifty young Tasmanians aged 12-25 years will travel to Launceston today to voice their concerns, contribute ideas and identify solutions at the 2021 Tasmanian Youth Forum (TYF) Transport. Key findings from the event will be used to inform future policy directions for Tasmania.
One hundred and seventy young Tasmanians aged 12-25 years will be travelling to Launceston today to voice their concerns, contribute ideas and create solutions at the 2019 Tasmanian Youth Forum (TYF) ‘Your Online Environment.’