The Youth Network of Tasmania (YNOT) is the peak body for young people aged 12-25 years and the non government youth sector in Tasmania.
Our vision is a Tasmania where young people are valued and can achieve anything.
Established in 1994, our purpose is to drive positive change with young people and the youth sector in Tasmania.
As an independent not for profit organisation YNOT provides:
- a strong voice for young Tasmanians and the sector that supports them through policy advice to government
- advocacy and representation
- youth participation
- sector consultation and engagement
- information dissemination
- sector capacity building.
Integral to the work of YNOT is the youth participation structure, known as the Tasmanian Youth Forum (TYF).
TYF is Tasmania’s peak youth consultative and participatory body, designed to support young people from across the State to share their views and opinions on youth issues, as well as ideas and solutions for improving outcomes for young Tasmanians.
The Youth Network of Tasmania is supported by the Tasmanian Government.