National Youth Settlement Framework Training
Multicultural Youth Tasmania (MYT) is hosting a 1 day training workshop in Hobart on the Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network (MYAN) National Youth Settlement Framework (NYSF). This training will enable participants to respond more effectively to the specific needs of young people from refugee and migrant backgrounds in order to support their active and sustained participation in Australian society.
Presenters include the MYT staff and young people from the MYT Youth Advisory Group, who have a lived experience of migrating to Australia. Participants can expect an interactive workshop, with exploration and discussion of case studies, and application of practical guides and resources. Participants will receive a copy of the National Youth Settlement Framework (NYSF) and an attendance certificate.
- Covers the demographics of CALD youth in Tasmania
- Discusses the Humanitarian Settlement Program in Tasmania
- Explores cultural identity
- Introduces the National Youth Settlement Framework
- Explores experiences of young people in the settlement journey
- Identifies common challenges faced by all young people
- Highlights benefits of active social, civic and economic participation in the settlement journey
- Applies good practice capabilities
- Provides information on services and resources available in the Tasmanian youth sector
Who should attend this training?
People working with young people from a refugee or migrant background, including asylum seekers. Appropriate for people working within an education, health or community setting, youth sector and sports and recreation sector.