Engaging Young People in the South East
The Youth Network of Tasmania (YNOT) has been engaged by the Sorell Council and Tasmanian Community Fund to undertake an extensive consultation of young people 12-19 years and community in the South-East. The consultation will inform the development of a project that aims to improve youth participation by helping young people feel supported, connected and engaged in their local communities.
Who do you want to speak to?
We want to speak to anyone who lives, works, studies or regularly travels to and utilises services and/or recreational facilities in the Sorell, Tasman and Glamorgan-Spring Bay Council areas including: Bicheno, Swansea, Triabunna, Orford, Sorell, Midway Point, Forcett, Carlton, Lewisham, Dodges Ferry, Primrose Sands, Copping, Dunalley, Nubeena – and everywhere in between!
We especially want to hear from you if you are:
- a young person aged 12-19 years
- working with young people
- interested in supporting young people to be happy, engaged and active in the community.
What do you want to know?
To understand the barriers, challenges, needs and opportunities in the South-East, we want to hear your thoughts and ideas on the following questions:
- What do you think young people 12-19 years like about living in the South-East and why?
- What do you think is the biggest issue facing young people 12-19 years in the South-East and why?
- What do you think would make the South-East a better place for young people 12-19 years to live and why?
How can I have a say?
Consultations will be open from 19 February to 17 March 2024. YNOT will be seeking feedback by delivering targeted workshops, meetings, and interviews in partnership with relevant schools, organisations and groups working with young people throughout the South-East. In addition to these activities, young people and community are invited to provide feedback by:
- Completing our short online survey
- Youth Forum, Tuesday 12 March 2024 5:30PM-7PM ONLINE (Registrations Required - Link)
- Community Forum, Thursday 14 March 2024 Sorell, 3:30PM-5:30PM (Registrations Required - Link)
What is the Prize Draw?
Young people who get involved in the project can choose to enter the draw for up to $2,000 of prizes. Terms and conditions are explained at the bottom of this page.
Major Prize: a mobile phone, computer, tablet or other electronic device to support learning or community participation up to the value of $1,500.
Minor Prize: 10 x $50 pre-paid Mastercard gift vouchers.
How will my information be used?
Your feedback collected will be compiled into a report with key findings and recommendations. A summary of the consultation findings will be shared with participants at the end of the project. Please see the Project Statement for full details on how we will use and store your personal information.